Apply to Cohort 7
Applications for Cohort 7 will open soon. Before applying, please carefully review the information below.
Our selection criteria focus on identifying entrepreneurs, teams and investors who:
- Have a bold vision to address systemic challenges in society, and create positive impact in New Zealand and the world
- Demonstrate the drive and capability to deliver on their vision
- Can build valuable long-term connections with New Zealand and leverage New Zealand’s unique advantages
- Can actively and positively contribute to the EHF community and wider New Zealand startup ecosystem
- Exhibit a desire and sufficient potential to continue contributing over 10-20 years
- Will be good ambassadors for New Zealand and EHF by embodying EHF values
2. What are the fees and visa requirements?
EHF is an independent not-for-profit organisation, and all the fees we collect go towards covering the costs to run the programme and sustain the organisation. A small portion of our fees are collected upfront when you apply, and the majority of the fees are charged if and when you receive an offer to join the Edmund Hillary Fellowship. A limited number of scholarships are made available for each cohort for the first part of its open application window to make EHF more accessible to those with limited financial means.
2a. Application fees
* The balance of fees due at acceptance is the fee payable if you are offered a place in EHF and you accept the offer to become an EHF Fellow.
** There is a separate additional application fee for the Global Impact Visa, payable to Immigration New Zealand (INZ). These fees vary by country, between $0 - $470 USD. Check your country’s fees here.
2b. Application fee scholarships
(CLOSED) Limited scholarships for the current cohort application window ended on 28 July 2019. You may still apply to this cohort without scholarship assistance or you may apply for a scholarship into the next cohort when its application window opens. EHF is open to individuals all over the world, and we strive to make the opportunity as accessible as possible. We have a limited number of scholarships to subsidise the application fee for international entrepreneur applicants who qualify. Scholarship decisions are made based purely on financial need. You can request a scholarship for the Acceptance Fee during the final stage of our selection process. Due to the limit of scholarship places we have available, recipients can substitute the payment by contributing their time to EHF. Scholarships for the initial application fee are not available for Kiwis since these fees are already heavily discounted. Kiwis who make it to the final stages of our selection process can request to be considered for a scholarship for the Acceptance Fee.
Scholarship fees & pricing:
- EHF application fee: $200 USD
- EHF acceptance fee: $750 USD (fee payable if you are offered a place in EHF and you accept the offer)
- INZ Global Impact Visa fee: $0 - 470 USD (variable fee based on your country of citizenship)
2c. Global Impact Visa requirements
New Zealand’s Global Impact Visa (GIVs) is exclusively available to individuals and teams who are accepted into EHF. The Global Impact Visa is a flexible three-year open work visa, with a path to permanent residency. GIVs provides you with the ability to build your venture without restrictions and without minimum days spent in New Zealand each year. To be eligible for GIVs, you must meet the following minimum requirements set by Immigration New Zealand: