Applications for Cohort 2 close on 1 October 2017. The EHF application form takes about 30-60 minutes to complete. Your application can be saved at any time before submitting. You must complete all sections of the application and make the required payment in order for your application to be submitted and considered.
- Applications are generally open year-round, with programme cycles beginning every six months.
- The entrepreneur application is for an individual or team that is building and scaling global impact ventures in New Zealand. We are open to a wide range of industries and venture sizes. The application fee for entrepreneurs is $850 NZD, with a 75% discount for New Zealand citizens and residents. Please note that application fees are non-refundable.
- The investor application is for individuals supporting entrepreneurs and their ventures to create global impact from New Zealand. Support can include investing, mentoring, and connecting New Zealand-based entrepreneurs with global networks. The application fee for investors is $3,000 NZD, with a 75% discount for New Zealand citizens and residents. Please note that application fees are non-refundable.
- Limited scholarships are available for entrepreneurs, offering a 50% subsidy on the application fee. This scholarship is for the application fee and does not cover the costs of moving to and settling in New Zealand. To qualify, you will need to fall within a certain income bracket, fit our criteria and provide an explanation of why you are seeking to access a scholarship to EHF. You can request a scholarship here.
- We can receive only one application per team for the Fellowship. If you’re applying as a team, please choose one principal applicant to fill out the form, and list the names of team members in the application. Co-founders will be considered to join the Fellowship and access the Global Impact Visa. For others who will be employed by your company, there is the option of applying for alternative NZ work visas, or continuing to work remotely. If there are others on your team who wish to be considered independently as an entrepreneur or investor in their own right, they have the option to apply individually.
- We will let you know via email once we have received your application. Please note that due to the large volume of correspondence we receive, we cannot always answer individual queries, but will be holding regular webinars to provide further information on EHF and the application process.
- Shortlisted candidates only will be contacted to arrange an online video interview and reference checks.
- The EHF team will let you know the outcome of your application within 2 months of the closing date for each cohort. Successful international candidates will be invited to apply for GIVs at that time. If you are planning to bring a partner/spouse and dependent children with you to New Zealand if accepted into EHF, you will need to apply for separate visas for them at the time when you apply for GIVs. More information on families can be provided here.
- For international candidates: If you are successful in being invited to join EHF, you will need to apply for a Global Impact Visa (GIVs). Please note that GIVs application fees are separate from EHF fees. You can check GIVs fees here. To be eligible for GIVs, Immigration New Zealand (INZ) has the following minimum requirements:
- A high level of English language proficiency
- Good character
- Good health
- Maintenance funds of $36,000 NZD, or the ability to earn equivalent income to support yourself and any dependents in New Zealand during the first year.
- In order to apply you must agree to our Terms & Conditions.
We hope to meet you soon!